Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Zoo

When I was younger my Papa and Dad use to take my sister and I fishing. I hated to fish but would go with high hopes that I would all of the sudden like it(I have no idea why). As long as I had food I was okay. I ate the entire time and once our food was gone I was ready to go home. Not that the zoo is comparable to fishing but this trip brought back a lot of funny memories. With that being said................
We got to the zoo right when it opened at 9:00 and went straight to Cat Country which is only a few steps away from the entrance. The lions are usually laying out in the middle of the exhibit but one of them was right there!


After we checked out the first lion, Austin decided he was hungry so it all began. I gave him some food then two cats later Kaleb was hungry. Here is our first official snack break. I talked the kids into getting into the wagon so I pulled them the rest of the way thru cat country.
Next stop was the playground. Kaleb had already finished his snack but Austin had some Gardetto's left. He didn't finish them until we got to the bird house.

Then we went to the farm area. We checked out the tunnels, pumped some water, and rode a

fake cow.

Can anyone think of what we did next?


We had only been there 45 minutes and we were on snack break number 2. Luckly all my snacks were healthy except the gardetto's. We ended up staying until 11:30 because they were all out of snacks and I was hungry. Funny how that happens! I was ready for lunch:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Like mother like sons. I told Dad about the zoo and he just laughed as it also brought back memories of times past.

Mom

Anonymous said...

That is Hilarious you guys and your snacks! I laughed hard at this one. I do remember those days! I sure miss them too!

Shawn Amore said...

When I read this I just started laughing because it is so true. Can't deny they are not your kids.