Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Playing in the woods

Brian got off work early today and needed to go setup his tree stand for his traditional Thanksgiving hunt. The kids and I go to my parents early on Thanksgiving so Brian gets some time to himself. Not sure why he likes to get up at 4:30 am, in the cold, and sit in the woods by himself(others will be with him but not in the same stand). All four of us piled into Brian's truck and headed for the woods or should I say bumpy trail that leads back to land. It's not a road, it's really just two tire ruts that you can barely see in the dirt with tons of TALL grass on top. Yes, that's where we went.

We told the kids before we left that they would have to stay in the truck with me while Brian took the stand to the tree and installed it. He would then take them for a ride when he got back since all four of us can't fit on our four wheeler. Kaleb and Brian both tried to hit me up on buying a four wheeler prior to going so we could all ride together. Needless to say that didn't fly and we do not own a new hot pink four wheeler! Yes, I'm going to get something girlie so none of the boys will want to ride it. It will be all MINE:)

Once we arrived(it's only 10 minutes away)Austin was asleep. I mean out! He didn't even wake up on the bumpy trail. We decided that Kaleb could go with Brian to put the tree stand up since it would only take about 20 minutes and Austin would definitely be asleep for that long. So off Kaleb and Brian went but not without pictures!

An hour and 10 minutes later(yes, I was counting) they came back. They had gotten the four wheeler stuck in a ditch and had to use the winch to get it out. Luckily, Austin stayed like this for the entire time and I brought an Us Weekly. Man it was peaceful! If anyone needs some Hollywood gossip just let me know. I got the scoop:)

1 comment:

kristen said...

Oh, I bet that was very relaxing! Good thing you had something to read! I think that I would have taken a nap right along with him!!