Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fit Day



Since swimming lessons are over I haven't been able to figure out a schedule for Tuesdays and Thursdays. I like to be on a schedule all the time. It really helps the kids and keeps me on track so I can actually get stuff done. I have a really bad habit of starting things but never finishing them. I get sidetracked so easily that it takes me all day to finish one simple task. For instance, this morning I was unloading the dishwasher then the dryer buzzed. I walk out of the kitchen with the dishwasher open and headed for the laundry room. An hour later, I go into the kitchen and there is the dishwasher with all the clean dishes just sitting there. Within that hour, I had already started several other things which got left when I saw something else. I'm so ADD it's ridiculous! I laugh at myself a lot. Hence me needing to be on a schedule.

I tried to get to the gym today at our regular time but it didn't happen. The boys weren't in a hurry to get dressed so I let them play longer than I should have. My number one goal on Tuesday and Thursday is to keep the boys active. I really like them to exercise and be healthy. At this age it doesn't seem like hard work. My face is blood red and I'm panting for air and they just smile and keep going. I'm hoping that it will set a lifelong habit since obesity runs in both of our families. I worked out at the gym while they played then we headed home for them to do the Wii Fit. We LOVE this. The boys get a kick out of it. They compete against Brian and I on strength, yoga, aerobics, and games. Sadly, Austin has beat Brian and I on sit ups. He always gets a 90 while Brian and I can barely get 50. I keep saying his body weight is how he does so good. Yes, I am making excuses as to why a 3 year old can beat us on Wii Fit. Does anyone else have one?

No comments: