Friday, November 7, 2008

Catching up on old times

I was able to see Trista, my little sister in my sorority today. I haven't seen her in 7 years!

We worked at Bogeys together when we were 16 but didn't really hangout that much. When we graduated high school, we started hanging out and becoming close friends. I pledged Pi Beta Phi when I was a freshmen and Rebecca(my best friend) pledged Alpha Gamma Delta. During our freshmen year Trista hung out with both of us all the time. We were both trying to recruit her because she was so awesome. Luckily, I won! My big sister MeLeah was Trista's beta buddy then I got her as my little sister. We had the best family!

Then life happened......

We started losing contact with each other. Everyone had boyfriends and we didn't have time for each other. Needless to say, our priorities had changed. We went from partying all the time to staying at home and watching movies and becoming old. I kept in touch with MeLeah, but lost contact with Trista.

Then!!!!!!!!

I got on Facebook. There she was with her same infectious smile that I had really missed and could never forget. I couldn't wait to become her friend to see what in the world she had been up to. Really, I just wanted to jump through the computer screen and give her a hug but that wasn't going to happen. We e-mailed each other and finally set-up a time to meet. Which brings me to today.

We met at Half Shell for lunch and she got there first. As soon as I saw her I wanted to run over and give her the biggest hug in the world. I held my composure because she hadn't seen me in seven years and I didn't want to seem like a weirdo. We had lunch and it seemed like I talked to her yesterday. We talked about old times and all our friends then and now. I wanted to burst out crying several times and say I'm sorry over and over but maybe I held my composure. I also had my camera in my purse and thought about asking if I could get a picture for the blog but I hated to ask the waiter. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

kristen said...

Yes, isn't facebook awesome! I recently found one of my old college roommates/sorority sister too....and we had lunch at Tropical Smoothie. And it was the same thing, like we had just talked yesterday. It was great! LOVE facebook!