Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nothing fun today but funny!

The kids went to school today so I got to clean house. Brian left work early and cleaned up the leaves in the front and backyard. Exciting, I know. I don't have any pictures but wanted to share with you my conversation with Austin when I picked him up from school.
The boys get out of school at 2:30. I got there at 2:15 and went inside to find Austin still asleep and missing story time and playtime. Kaleb was in circle time and answering lots of questions(he's getting so big). I checked back on Austin and he finally got up. Slowly he walked over to circle time and joined in with the rest of the class sleepy eyes and all. The door opened and Austin came running up to me yelling I painted a T-T.

Me-You painted a what(I still think he was half asleep).

Austin-I told you I painted a T T

Me-Why did you paint a T T?

Austin-That's what they told me to do.

Me-Look around at his teachers but they're talking to other parents. I didn't want to make a scene so I pull everything out of his bag looking for the picture of a T T . In my head I'm wondering which school am I about to try and get my children into since they're painting pictures of T T's in art class. THEN...One of his teachers walks over to tell Austin goodbye and give him a hug and kiss. So one more time in front of her I ask what he painted today.

Austin- Mom, I told you a T T.

Me- So exactly what did y'all paint today because I'm thinking of changing schools.

His teacher-Laughing hysterically with tears rolling down her face tells me they painted a Tee-Pee for Thanksgiving and will send it home on Friday because it wasn't dry enough to send home today.

Thank GOD! I'm a little nervous to see what his Tee-Pee looks like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That story is really cute! Leave it to a 3 year old to come up with something like that! I actually laughed out loud!

kristen said...

Ha! Hysterical! You'll have to scan it and put it one here!