Friday, January 20, 2012

Lunch Lady Land

Today I had lunchroom duty. I do have to admit I really like it. The employees are a lot of fun. I use to workout with two of them so I fit right in and don't feel stupid being the new kid on the job. I feel like I'm hanging out with friends at a loud birthday party with small interruptions. The kids raise their hands and I walk over to them and open their milk, ice cream, thermos, or whatever else they need(tattle tailing). We usually go in two's because one of us is talking and the other does the work. You can get some great gossip from the lunchroom!!!
Mostly the kids are sweet but I've done lunch duty enough that the ones that get on my nerves, I pretend I don't see their hands up:-) I know that's horrible to say but some of the kids I wanna smack and ask them if they talk to their parents like that. Yes, my kids talk back to me but if they talk to a stranger rudely, it's different. Kids now a days really need some manners!
I never tell the Kaleb and Austin when I have lunch duty because I love seeing their faces light up when they see me with my lunch basket. Even their classmates are excited and run up and give me hugs. Nothing like that warm fuzzy feeling because you opened their milk or thermos. I do have to admit I really appreciate the small things in life! I am so thankful Brian has the job he has so I can stay at home and do mine. I wouldn't trade it for the world even if I am the lunch lady!

No comments: