Saturday, January 7, 2012

Indoor Swimming



After an amazing continental breakfast, we headed up stairs, kissed Dad goodbye, then headed to the pool. Our friends joined us for a couple of hours and the kids swam and ate their little hearts out.



After a couple of hours of swimming, we headed over to their house. I wanted to leave by 3:00 but we didn't hit the road until around 4:00. My truck has been in the shop since Monday and I had hoped to have it back by Friday so I could drive it to Nashville. Of coarse nothing ever goes as planned. We ended up driving Brian's Lexus because its safer than the Jeep.


I'm not sure how well a lot of you know Brian but he is not a good sharer. I was a nervous wreck for the kids to ride in that car(I've only driven it twice and he's had it for 3 years). I promised him I wouldn't let the kids eat in the car but I couldn't withhold my promise. I folded and let them eat some chips so they would stop whinning. I figured I would get up early Sunday and clean it out before he even knew. What was I thinking?

About 50 miles from home, Kaleb's nose started bleeding. I had no napkins so blood was going everywhere. We stopped at the next exit but by then the car was a bloody, chippy mess. Really, just my luck. I text Brian letting him know we were gonna be delayed a little due to the extra stop not really thinking about it. I knew he would want to know what was going on and that his son was bleeding.


The next morning when I got up, he had already taken the car to the car wash and gotten a full detail. I totally got busted on the chips. Crap! I don't like rules and that car has way too many. I'll take my nasty Tahoo any day over that cream colored carpet, non DVD playing, low rider car! I'm so ready for next week so I can get the Tahoo back!

No comments: