Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Deep and Wide

The boys and I took Brian to the airport Monday morning so he could fly off to his annual Vegas trip for work. He has to be at a conference on Friday in Phoenix so he's leaving Vegas Thursday night and flying over there. Whew, he's a busy man this week.

Brian and I NEVER let the kids in bed with us no matter what. Last night at 1:30 I woke up to Austin tapping me on the arm saying Mom, Mom, Mom. No telling how long he'd been standing there. I've always been a very good sleeper;-) I asked what was wrong and he said he wet the bed. Seriously? Ugh, that's the worst. I hate changing sheets in the middle of the night. Plus, since Brian's out of town I stay up way too late watching my TV shows. I didn't fall asleep until around 12:20 so I had just really gotten comfortable. I told him to go get new pj's then come back downstairs and let me know when he was done. He had a confused look on his face but then took off running upstairs and did as he was told.

He came into our bedroom and told me he was done. He nervously asked why aren't you going upstairs and changing my sheets. I guess he thought I was going to make him sleep in pee. I told him in a second but he had to go wash his hands. When he came out of the bathroom I had Brian's side of the bed all ready for him and told him to hop in. The look on his face was priceless. You would have thought I gave him a million bucks! All he kept saying was really, really, I get to sleep with you, really. It was so cute.

He did great sleeping with me. He stayed on his side and I stayed on mine. I did wake up and check on him a couple of times and the only thing I found was his head completely under the covers. I'm sure he had to do that to get warm. It's freezing in our bedroom.
My alarm this morning was suppose to go off at 6:40 but at 6:30 my Austin alarm went off. There's nothing like waking up to a child singing the song "Deep and Wide". It was way better than the car horn I usually hear even though it was 10 minutes early. His Sunday school class sang it Sunday and he's been singing it ever since. I told him he could get up and play but he didn't want too (probably because it was freezing out of the covers.) He said he wanted to lay and snuggle with me a little bit so we did. Next thing you know Kaleb figured out that Austin was in my bed and the fight began. What was I thinking?

No comments: