Sunday, January 15, 2012

Church

The boys and I have faithfully started going to Central Church. I've been wanting to get involved but have always missed 2 or 3 weeks then just quit going for some reason. One of my many "New Years" resolutions is to keep going no matter what. I have several acquaintances that I do pickup with every afternoon that go, so I always have a familiar face to sit with.

During the service there is usually a time where you greet the people that sit around you. I don't really like that part but I usually talk to my acquaintances and I'm fine. Today was a little different. We didn't do the greeting like usual and I wondered why. At the very end of the service, our Preacher told us to hold the hand of the stranger beside you and pray for them. Talk about humbling. I was sitting in between an older couple which I didn't know and person's husband that I had just met. Of coarse both of them turn to their wives and I'm standing there all alone.
All I could think about was why am I feeling sorry for myself that I have no one to pray for. I have Jesus standing with me and I am not alone. I'm becoming so much stronger in the Lord and with every visit I feel my heart opening up and his word soaking like a sponge into the boys and my heart. I was crying thanking God for giving me the courage to do this by myself when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was my dear friend Amy that was sitting behind me. I'm not sure if she felt sorry for me standing all alone but I turned around with tears in my eyes and she grabbed my hand and started praying. I'm not really sure what she said but I was thankful for the prayer. Everyone needs them.

In moments like those you realize that you can change peoples lives one prayer at a time. I changed mine by knowing that no matter what, I am never alone. God is ALWAYS with me. I should feel sorry for the people who didn't hear God's message and not for myself who soaked in every word and am passing God's love down to my children. I am so humbled and thankful for this amazing start to the year.

2 comments:

Shawn Amore said...

Wheres the like button:)

kristen said...

Same here! :) Good for you Stacey! Do you see Linda there?