Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where's Kaleb?

Ahhhh to be back into a routine! It's such a great feeling for the kids and I. It really helps to keep me sane(if that's possible). Yesterday was school for Kaleb and basically school for Austin. We did Hooked on Phonics and played learning games on the computer all day. Today was swim lessons. Austin went first and cried the entire time. He is the only one in the class and he screamed bloody murder. I have no idea why because it's the same teacher he had in November. He is such a Mommas boy that it's INSANE! I love having him close to me but all he screamed was that he wanted me. Austin doesn't stop crying until he gets what he wants. He could pitch a fit for hours. Needless to say, swim lessons for him lasted about 5 minutes. I went and got Kaleb and he was able to get Austin into the pool. They ended up doing the lesson together. Pathetic, I know.
Kaleb usually has the same Coach that Austin has, but due to scheduling, he got Lesley which is Colton's Mom. She is the aquatic director at the gym we go to so Colton, Max, and Kaleb think they rule the place. Lesley took the three down to the far end of the pool and started working with them. She usually only does adults, but since it was our three she wanted to teach the class. Kaleb has ZERO confidence in his swimming technique but is really good. He tries to do stuff and does it great but I guess inside he doesn't know that he actually did a good job. You have to talk him into trying everything because he will just tell you "I can't do it" and won't even try. He could beat Colton and Max on technique but not on speed. Of coarse, a 4 year old doesn't understand that. He just wants to win the race. He has a God given talent for swimming. His body glides over the water instead of treading it. He's had at least 5 different instructors tell me this so I'm thinking all of them can't be wrong. I'm not pushing swimming by any means like he's going to be an Olympian. I just want the boys to be involved in something. I feel the more involved you are, the less trouble you can get into:)

After swim lessons, Max and Kaleb went to Colton's house for his birthday party. Once again, it was Austin and I. Poor thing! He's always stuck with me. We played with the new ice cream play do machine that Shawn gave us for Christmas. It was a lot of fun. Especially the sprinkles. We played with this thing for 2 hours. I kept trying to put it up so we could go get Kaleb. Austin absolutely didn't want Kaleb to come home. He loves being by himself and getting all the attention! Go figure.

No comments: