Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Conversations

This week we haven't really done anything. The kids have been sick and Brian is in Vegas Baby! Were staying at home and having much needed downtime. We’ve done a lot of puzzles, coloring, games, and cooking. While we were cooking tonight my mother called. Both the boys were right by the stove so I hit ignore. Our food was almost ready so I figured I would call her back after dinner. As soon as we sat down, the phone rang again. I got up and saw it was my mother. I answered it because I wasn’t sure if anything was wrong.
She immediately says “What are you doing”
Me “eating, is something wrong”
Mom “no, just seeing what your doing”
Kaleb “who is that”
Me “It’s Grandma”
Kaleb “Again! That crazy old lady.”I lost it and died laughing.
I got off the phone with Mom and had my usual dinner conversations with the boys. We went over what we did today then talked about what were going to do tomorrow. I let them know we were going to the airport to pickup Dad after they got out of school. Yay! I’m so excited and ready for adult conversation!!!!!
I asked the boys if they knew where Daddy was all week and both of them replied “at the airport”. Yes, we took him on Monday but he didn’t stay there the entire time.
I told them that Daddy flew to Las Vegas. Austin replied “I didn’t know Daddy was lost but I’m glad a stranger found him and is bring him back to the airport for us”. I tried to explain to him that Daddy wasn’t “lost” but in “Las Vegas”. He stared at me with those baby blue eyes and I folded and said “yeah, were lucky that stranger found Daddy. God is really watching out for us”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great story. You need to read this am CA. Section M "Make trip to the dentist..." It goes along with your "Lost Daddy" story. Love You, Aunt Vicky