Thursday, January 8, 2009

Being with you Mom

Everyday I try and do something fun with the boys. Today, we went walking on the trail in the woods at Johnson Park. The boys love this thing and so do I! The entire path is a bridge and totally roped off so they can't escape. Kaleb can get ahead of me then sit on a bench to wait for Austin and I to catch up. I swear Kaleb is like Forrest Gump. Run Forrest! He just never stops running. Austin is another story. He likes to walk slow and check out every knot in the wood looking for treasure. He goes at his own pace and speeds up for nothing and no one. Life doesn't pass him bye too quickly. He savors every moment and looks for the secrets that God is whispering in his ear. When the wind would blow and the leaves ruffled he would stop and look for a fox or snake. He checked out all the birds, sticks, swamplands and advised me he kept seeing fish jump. Kaleb would be sitting on a bench a little up ahead, waiting.

The trail is .7 miles to the Wolfe River so round trip it's 1.4 miles. I've never made it to the end because bikes aren't allowed and I'm not sure that Austin could ever make it this far. Maybe one day while the kids are at school I'll go by myself to checkout the end.

Every night when we tuck the kids into bed we always say our favorite things. Today, Kaleb said his favorite thing was spending the day with me. Were so lucky and blessed to have such wonderful boys and be able to cherish these little moments in their lives. My favorite thing today was snuggling before they went to bed and giving them lots of kisses.

No comments: