Friday, December 5, 2008

Lovey Dovey

I love Austin's age! He still acts like a baby and needs his Mommy and Daddy but is independent enough to do everything himself. He likes us to be there to root him on but we can't touch or do anything for him. Every time he completes a task such as getting dressed, putting on his shoes, brushing his teeth he gets so excited. I get to give him a hundred kisses and tell him how great he is. I know I get to love on him all the time but today was different. I was getting the clothes out of the dryer this morning which took about 5 minutes. Within that amount of time he came into the laundry room 3 times and told me he loved me and gave me a hug. Needles to say, my heart was melting.
His teachers even noticed that he was extremely lovey. When I walked into his class this afternoon he was on the floor with the rest of the class talking. Austin jumps up screaming Mommy and gives me the biggest smack-a-roo ever. His teacher Janine told me that he loved on his other teacher Kelly all morning until she got jealous and had to get some of his hugs and kisses. In the gym he would run full speed towards one of them and give them some lovin. They LOVED it. I do have to admit I was kinda jealous. We made it home and he continued with his awesomeness. Tonight, we watched TV prior to going to bed and Austin sat in my lap and loved on me the entire time. Once I got the boys to bed at 7:15 which is really late I was kinda getting irritated. Austin wouldn't stop talking and I was getting more annoyed. Austin started yelling that he needed me to come up stairs and the irritated me goes up there since it had been 10 minutes and he still wasn't quiet. I stomped up there and asked what was wrong. He stood up in his bed and gave me an amazing hug that lasted a lifetime. I cried! We are so blessed to have such wonderful children. I LOVE being a stay at home Mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Cherish these days! They go by far to quickly. Be thankful you can stay at home.

kristen said...

Oh my gosh, that made me cry! Don't you just love your boys!! Boys love their mommas!!