Saturday, December 13, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Today the boys, my parents, and I cut down my parent's Christmas tree. We rode a hayride over to the trees and the boys snuggled under a blanket. Every winter Mom gives Shawn and I a lecture about keeping a blanket in our vehicles in case we breakdown. I busted out the blanket and you couldn't wipe the smile off of her face.

Here is the tree we picked out. We looked at 4 trees and choose this one. It was way to cold to be out there.
It's Spider man. Nope, just Austin.
Here's Austin making sure the man cutting the tree was doing a good job. Kaleb was bending down right beside him but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough.

After we loaded the tree up we headed to lunch then my parents house to decorate. Dad put the tree in the tree stand and couldn't get it to stand up straight. He worked on it for about 30 minutes but it kept leaning forward. Finally, he got a block from the garage and sat it behind the tree. Mom and I were sitting on the couch watching and after he put the block down he turned around and promised it would not fall and we could decorate. His back was to the tree and it started leaning forward again. I asked him if he was sure it was going to stay up and he went into detail about how the block was going to stabilize it. The tree then hits Dad in the back and Mom and I busted out laughing. We decided to wait until Monday to decorate because he needed a bigger tree stand.

1 comment:

Shawn Amore said...

Glad ya'll had fun, hate that we missed it. Next year we are there.