Saturday, December 20, 2008

Favorite Christmas memories

When Shawn and I were younger we use to go to Aunt Vicky's house every year and make anything sweet we could get our hands on. All of my cousin's would come and we would spend the night and watch movies or University of Memphis basketball games. We looked forward to it every year but once we started college Shawn and I quit going. I'm not sure why? I guess we thought we were to busy to keep up with traditions. Last year, I told my Aunt that I wanted the boys to be able to have the same great memories that I had. This brings us to today.
I picked Shawn up at 9:00 and we headed to Aunt Vicky's. Amber and Adam(cousins) spent the night so Aunt Vicky was cooking breakfast when we got there. My kids had eaten breakfast before we left the house but the first thing they did was eat again. I'm not sure why kids always have to eat at other peoples houses? I'll feed them right before we leave and they hit the door asking for food. It drives me crazy and is so embarrassing. After the boys second breakfast the fun started. At Aunt Vicky's you don't use a spoon to stir you have to use your hands. I wasn't sure how Kaleb would react to this because he can't stand to have his hands dirty. We talked him into putting his hands in and he made it for about 5 minutes. We rolled out the dough and used the cutters to make all sorts of cookie shapes.
Then Aunt Vicky cooked them and we got to decorate. Amber poured M&M's on each of the boys wax paper and Austin had them eaten before he finished decorating his first cookie. Shawn had a hard time figuring out what the shape of the cookie's were. She's going to have to freshen up on her shapes before Evan gets older and play do begins:)
After the boys decorated a couple of cookies, my cousin Dalton arrived so they lost interest. He brought over some guns and my kids started getting rowdy. Shawn and I needed to start heading back to Memphis anyways because it was Evans nap time and my kids would have destroyed her house. I had a great time doing this with my kids and spending time with my family. You don't realize how much you miss people until you doing something simple like making cookies. Thanks for letting us come this year.

1 comment:

amorebaby.com said...

Yes, we did have a GREAT time. Brought back lots of memories. Don't you remember, the food is always better at someone else's house. We'll continue the tradition with the new generation. Love you. AUnt Vicky. Great boys and lots of fun Christmas.