Monday, December 8, 2008

Another doctor visit.

Last time I took Austin to the doctor he had a really bad ear infection so they wanted to recheck him in 10 days. I made the appointment for today since I only had Austin and didn't have to deal with both kid:) After we dropped Kaleb off at school we had some time to waste so we headed to the dollar store. Austin found some play swords so we fought with those for about 3 minutes then mine broke. Glad I didn't buy them prior to playing or the boys would have been disappointed. Then we headed to the book isle to see what they had. Austin thought we were at Davis Kidd because he picked out a book, sat down, and asked me to read it to him. I checked our time and we had plenty to waste. So I sat down in the middle of the isle with him and read Peter Pan and two Sesame Street Christmas books. Anything for free entertainment! We checked out all the isles then I decided to go since candy was all Austin seemed to find. Then we headed to the doctor. It was PACKED! Looks like everyone is sick these days. It took us an hour and a half for her to look at his ears for 5 minutes and tell us he looked great. I really HATE going to the doctor. It usually doesn't take that long but today reminded me of how much I just don't like to go.

After the doctor, Austin and I headed home for lunch. Brian came home also because he had some errands in Collierville that had to be done today. While eating lunch Austin slipped in his chair and made a really funny face which I laughed at. I knew he wasn't hurt so I didn't think anything of it. As soon as he realized I was laughing he looked at me with a serious face and said "it's not funny when other people get hurt. Stop laughing"! I looked at Brian with a huge smile on my face. Holy cow he sounds just like me! Then Brian and I told him we didn't know that he was really hurt(which he wasn't) and apologized. Brian and I have laughed about it several times since then. I guess the boys really do hear me, they just don't listen.

After lunch Austin and I sat on the couch to watch TV for 30 minutes before we went to get Kaleb. Austin fell asleep within 5 minutes leaning on my chest. There were so many things I needed to do but it seemed like time stopped and nothing else mattered. I couldn't move because I didn't want to bother him and I wanted to hold him forever. Tom and Jerry was on but it didn't matter. I sat there and watched it for the millionth time while Austin slept peacefully on my chest and I gave him lots of kisses. I remember when both the boys were little and I would get to sit and hold them while they slept. Now if I try and hold them legs and arms are going everywhere and everyone is extremely uncomfortable. They are growing up way to fast!

I woke Austin up and headed to school to get Kaleb. Kaleb's friend Colton come over after school so all three boys were extremely excited. Colton only stayed for an hour and a half but we had a blast while he was here. It was a nice break in our routine. I didn't get a picture of Colton playing
but here is cowboy Kaleb:)

No comments: