Friday, April 3, 2009

Watch the ball

After school Kaleb and I worked on throwing the baseball. He gets so scared when it's thrown to him that he closes his eyes and turns his head. Needless to say, he never catches it. I finally quit trying and decided to hide Easter eggs with Austin. While I was hiding eggs, Austin started throwing the eggs at me and we started laughing and throwing them at each other. Kaleb wanted in on the fun and he was actually trying to catch them. I told him to go get his glove and see if he could catch any eggs in it. What do ya know, it worked. He wasn't scared of them and watched them fall right into his glove. We did this for a little while with me constantly telling him to watch the egg. I switched back to the t-ball and he did fine. He was stoked he had practice again tonight because he had a lot of confidence that he could actually do this. Here's a picture of him on the way to practice. He loves to bat but pays zero attention while he's out in the field. He had his glove on his head, jumped around, and played ninja with other boys. Next thing you know, WHAM, the ball hit him in the face. He thought he was going to die. Kaleb's not very good at shaking anything off. He dwells on it and just doesn't get over anything quickly or sometimes, ever at all. I ran out on the field while some of the parents watched Austin for me. Kaleb cried for about 10 minutes while I tried to calm him down and explain to him why this happened. You have to watch the ball! Maybe he understands now but probably not. After I got him calmed down his team was racing around the bases and doing some sprints from home plate to 2ND base. He LOVES to run and once he saw the boys racing he let me know he was okay and I could go back with the other parents. Maybe he is learning how to shake things off. Here's a picture of his face with the ball laces on his nose. Poor guy:(

No comments: