Thursday, April 16, 2009

Better late than never

We finally had Kaleb's birthday party today. It was only a month late! He was so sick around his birthday and we were at the doctor every Thursday. As soon as I got the date for their surgery I booked the birthday party. I didn't want to book it then have to cancel it so we waited. Now that T-ball and soccer started, I didn't want to have the party on a Saturday because that's when games are played.
We had it at 11:00 at Chuck e Cheese. We had 13 kids and it was awesome! I only invited his class because they're the only ones who aren't in school at that time. When I booked the party I chose today because they had no groups. I hate going in there and being run over by a school or day camp. All the kids had a blast and the adults had fun because we were able to turn them loose and not have to worry about anything. Kaleb can now read 2 books so I gave each of the kids one of those books as a party favor. They looked at me like I was crazy and wanted to know where the toys were:) The parents loved it because I didn't give them crap they would lose within 5 seconds. Here's some of the pictures. Sorry none of you were invited but I'm sure y'all had work to do.
The boys playing before people got there.

Kaleb was scared of Chuck E Cheese. While they sang Happy Birthday he went to the table and sat by himself.

When I tucked Kaleb into bed tonight, he asked when his next birthday party is. I let him know this was his last one for him being 5 and he's going to have to wait until he turns 6! We've only celebrated his birthday 3 times.........

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hey Stacey, I don't have an email address for you so I am sending this message through your blog. I will spare you the long story, but last week I got locked out of my blog and email accounts. I am having to start over...UGH! Here is my new email address k8krull@gmail.com and my new blog site is erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com. If you are interested, you will have to "re-follow" on the the new blog and please add my email to your address book. Thanks! kate