Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First day at Disney World!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom about 5 minutes after it opened. We headed straight to tomorrow land because one of my sorority sisters told me to turn before you get to the castle because lines would be shorter. Actually, we walked onto every ride. It was amazing! Our first ride was Buzz Light year.

We rode the Transit Authority so we could checkout everything and discuss our next plan of action.

During the ride, the boys saw the bumper cars and couldn't stop talking about them. Here is Austin driving the car.


Mad Tea part...................

3D show which was amazing!

Waiting in line for It's a small world
.
Back to the hotel to swim



The kids were exhausted and it was only our first day. Brian and I decided to put the kids to bed early and get a babysitter so we could ride adult rides. We were extremely leery about getting one but since the kids would be asleep, we were a little bit more okay with it. One of my seriously sisters did an internship at Disney and told me that if it's Disney, it's okay. I took her word for it so we gave it a try.

I had the kids asleep when she got there at 6:00 and Brian and I raced out the door because the rides close at 7:00. We power walked over to Epcot and headed straight to the Test Trac. The wait was 60 minutes and they were out of fast passes. We decided to ride Mission Space because the wait was only 5 minutes. We were all about that! We road Mission Space twice then decided to stand in line for Fast Trac. By this time, the wait was 70 minutes. We were walking towards the line and a man stopped us and asked if we wanted his fast passes. Brian and I were like Hell Yeah! The fast pass line was extremely long also but it had to be faster than standby. We took the passes and only stood in line about 25 minutes. We were moving the entire time.

Disney does a great job of adding "fillers" to lines. They have a lot of rides that they group about 30 people together, send them in a room to watch a short movie(better than standing in a zigzag line) then a door opens on the other side and you wait in a even shorter line to get on the ride. They have two movies going but they start about 5 minutes apart. Works for me and it keeps the line moving (if you have a fast pass). They stage 60 people at a time. 25 from fast pass and 5 from the standby line. Man am I glad that man gave us a fast pass!

Brian and I had to pay for a minimum of 4 hours for the babysitter so we decided to walk back to the Boardwalk (where we stayed) for dinner. They had an ESPN restaurant so we decided to try it out. We shared some nachos and were exhausted so we decided to head back early. We walked into the hotel room and Brian and I talked to Cecily (our sitter) for a little bit. We wanted to make sure we didn't leave our kids with some weirdo and needed to know if our kids were going to need therapy. She was filling out the paperwork and I was watching her write. She had a gold band on her left middle finger which brought back tons of amazing memories.

As most of you know, in college I was a member of Phi Beta Phi sorority. When you get initiated you get a gold wedding band that you wear on your left middle finger. It's a figure of a "Circle of Friendship" that's never ending. I hate gold and it's the only thing gold I've worn my entire life.
I thought that was weird so I decided to ask.

Come to find out, she just got imitated and is one of my sisters from the University of Central Florida. Complete relief swept over Brian and me! I was Membership Chairman so I know exactly what everyone has to go thru to get in and Brian knew I was gone an entire summer trying to figure it all out. It's not as easy as it seems.
We shared about 15 minutes of bonding and I wanted to jump up and do some chants but I thought she might think I was weird. We did the things that every Pi Phi dreams of which was amazing! If you’re a Pi Phi, you know what I'm talking about.
I remember right after I got initiated I always wanted a Pi Phi alum to see me at the mall or at a restaurant to test me. It never happened but I was totally prepared. I felt like we should have been on the movie Legally Blonde 2. I'm at Disney World feeling like a kid and now I'm reminiscing college. I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!

No comments: