Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break! What Break?

Were swamped! I'm not seeing any break this week what so ever. I have us all booked up due to the beautiful weather and taking a chance......

Today was amazing to say the least. We went to Wal-mart(always fun) to pickup a few things then headed to the gym. While at the gym, I saw one of my friends(Lisa) who invited us to a play date/picnic at Brown Park. Lisa and I always say were going to do something together but never do. Today was different! She had plans for a play date and I had an opening:)

The boys and I had never been to Brown Park so we were all in and I LOVE to meet new Mom's. We had an absolute blast. We always play with Kaleb's friends but today was definitely Austin's day. Kaleb had 8 boys his age to play with but for some reason, decided to play by himself. He loved the new playground and all the other boys were tired of it. They were looking for 4 leaf clovers, sword fighting, and playing in the mud. Kaleb let me know that we needed to have that playground in our backyard. He LOVED it!

Lisa has two boys that are very close to the same age as mine. Her oldest son AJ is in Kaleb's class at school(where I met her) and her youngest(Devin) is in the 3 year old class. Austin's in the older 2's class but Devin and Austin are only a month apart. Austin has an October birthday so he is very old and mature for his class and Devin is very young for his class. It worked out great!!!!
Lisa and I were so happy that Austin and Devin had each other. I always feel so bad for Austin trying to fit into the big boys world when he's not ready and definitely not old enough. I really connected with her just because we had the same fears and so much in common.

I met 6 wonderful Mom's that couldn't have been nicer. They had the entire week filled with play dates and nights out and invited me to everything. I'm going to try and make it to as much as I can because Lord knows I love to stay busy and the social interaction is great for all of us.
I know God leads people into our lives for a reason and I really needed this. I have other friends with kids that we play with but all of their kids are Kaleb's age and none are Austin's. I always feel like I'm treating him like a step child, but I just don't know any children his age. Finally, it seems like things are turning around.
Oh, did I mention I got my acceptance letter from The University of Memphis today! I felt like I was 17 again and getting accepted to college for the first time. I start back May 26. Look out world, I'm gonna be a NURSE!!!!!! First thing I'm going to do is take lots of glue because Austin gets glued up all the time:)

No comments: