Sunday, March 8, 2009

Power outage

I ended up going to dinner with my parents tonight due to Austin's 45 minutes fit about not being able to blow bubbles. I'll start from the beginning.............

My parents keep the boys on Saturday nights so Brian and I can sleep in a little on Sundays. The boys still wake up between 5:50 and 6:30 everyday. It really sucks! Brian doesn't get home from work until late so we usually don't get in bed before 11:00. I require a ton of sleep and could seriously sleep the rest of my life away. This sounds terrible but it's the truth.

We spent Saturday morning with my parents then came home so we could play outside and ride our toys. Austin was riding the four-wheeler and parked it in the middle of our cove for all the cars to drive around. I asked him several times to move it but he kept telling me no. I was getting desperate so I told him that if he moved it, we could blow bubbles(which I can't stand). He was being a brat and wouldn't move it so he didn't get to blow bubbles. Kaleb and I did and I seriously thought the world was coming to an end. He screamed and cried for an hour. It was so bad that our neighbors came outside to check on us. I swear Austin should have been a girl. He can cry and pitch the craziest fits you've ever seen for as long as it takes for him to get whatever he wants. Most kids just give up but NOT him. He's so hard headed! I know I'm hard headed but oh my gosh, what is wrong with this kid? I finally got him to quit crying by telling him I would go to dinner with them at Shanti.

While at Shanti, Dad took both the kids to the bathroom. Something happened and the entire town of Collierville lost power right when Austin turned off the lights in the bathroom. He came running back to the table screaming crying that he broke all the lights in collierville and that my Dad would have to fix them. Most of the customers in the restaurant were talking to Austin and trying to peep him up. I had tears rolling down my face because he was shaking so bad and scared that he broke everything. Words can't make kids feel better in those traumatic moments so I just kept holding him. Finally, the lights came back on and his face lit up like a Christmas tree. He looked at my Dad and thanked him for fixing the lights. We tried to tell him he didn't fix them but Austin didn't get that. Dad finally had to say your welcome and go along with it.

No comments: