Friday, March 20, 2009

So Sick:(

I called the doctor this morning at 7:30 because I have had ENOUGH! This is just ridiculous. I was up with Austin from 11 pm till 12:15 am trying to get him to stop coughing which nothing worked. I’ve tried every home remedy and have given him his last dose of antibiotic. I’m exhausted and so is he! He has major bags under his eyes and is so whiny that I think I have a newborn in a 3 year olds body. Seriously, I think he forgot how to walk.
Yesterday, I finally got my referral to make an appointment with an ENT named Dr. Naidu for March 30 which was his earliest appointment. I wanted to see Dr. Klug who is in the same practice but the wait was just too long. I would have loved to go to the ENT today instead of the doctor but for once, it wasn’t a waste of $30.
Our regular doctor is out of town for Spring Break so I got to see someone else in the group. A girl I went to High School with answered the phone and I told her what was going on. She got me an appointment with the top doctor in the practice and we were there within 30 minutes.
Two weeks ago, which is the last time we went to the pediatrician, I thought Austin was a lot better than Kaleb and really wasn’t worried about him. We went to the hospital and according to the x-ray; he had a sinus infection so they put him on antibiotics. Well, his health has been downhill since then and it’s not pretty. Luckily, we had Spring Break this week because theirs no way I would have sent him to school. Non stop deep coughing until you gag and his attitude is terrible because he’s exhausted.
Today he got two shots, a steroid, and an antibiotic because now, has a really bad ear infection+ a sinus infection. After he got the shots he proceeded to cry for an hour and a half. He couldn’t walk or talk. The only thing he could do was cry. We headed home so he could rest but he finally decided he was okay and wanted to go see Grandma. We made it 2 miles before he passed out and took a 2 ½ hour nap. I swear it’s the best sleep he’s had in weeks. No coughing! He slept on my chest so I was able to prop him up and fluctuate his body temperature. When he would get hot, I would uncover him and when cold, I would cover him up. I haven’t held him during a nap in years and I LOVED it. I gave him so many kisses. Kaleb was sitting a chair beside me and I kept thinking about how long it’s been since I held him. He’s so big now that his legs are all over the place and it’s just not comfortable to snuggle. They’re growing up way too fast:(

1 comment:

kristen said...

Geeze, what is it with your family (and mine) and the need for an ENT lately?! Chase was up until midnight coughing last night...and coughed all day today. I too have been googling every kind of home remedy for coughing and trying most of them. I hope that tonight is a better night!

I know that you'll be counting down the days until the 30th!