Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kaleb's 5, WHAT?

Many tears have fallen from my eyes today. It's both a joyous and humbling experience when your children reach these amazing milestones in their lives. I look back to the last 5 years and can think of so many fun, interesting, annoying, ready to pull my hair out moments and wouldn't change it for the world! Were so grateful for the many people who have helped us along the way and God for leading us every step in the right direction.
Kaleb is ready for Kindergarten and can't wait to start. He knows all of the upper and lower case letters and what sounds they make. He can read several of the "Step 1" books. He knows how to write and spell his first and last name. He knows his address, phone number, birth date and year, rhyme, do opposites, simple addition, and tell me all the numbers 1-20. He is such a joy to be with(sometimes) and I'm truly thankful I get to be with him all the time. I'll ask him a question sometimes and if he doesn't know the answer he'll say "I don't know, why don't we google it". I never know what's going to come out of his mouth and he absolutely cracks us up. He's very serious and is at that age where it's harder to make him laugh. He tries to please everyone and would give anyone the shirt off his back. I see so much of Brian in him that it's crazy. We can definitely tell he got a lot more of Brian's genes than mine.
For his birthday, we took one of his classmates AJ and his brother Devin to the fire museum. There were a lot of people there when we arrived but luckily they left pretty quickly. The boys had a blast. It's not one of those places we would ever go back to but it was fun to go just once.
I'm thinking AJ and Kaleb wore Austin and Devin out! What do you think?

No comments: