Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back to School

I met with my academic advisor today. I only have 4 classes to take before I start nursing school. The only problem is I have to take one in order to take the other. I have to take Anatomy and Physiology 1(A&P), then Anatomy and Physiology 2(A&P), then Microbiology. I also have to take sociology or psychology but it doesn't require a prerequisite. I'm going back and forth between taking a class during the summer or not. If I take A&P 1 this summer I would go to school 5 days a week for 4 weeks from 7:30-11:00. It doesn't sound bad but here's the problem.
A&P 1 is only offered during the Fall semester and A&P 2 is offered in the Spring. So, if I take A&P 1 this summer I wouldn't take A&P2 until Spring 2010. All the times for the four classes I have to take just don't fit into my schedule. Next year Kaleb will be in Kindergarten but his school doesn't start until 9:00. Austin is going to preschool two days a week and his school starts at 9:30. Of coarse, the classes I need to take all start at 9:40. Why can't I be in two places at once? I'm still trying to figure it all out and only have until 4/7 which is when registration starts. Luckily, I'm a 5Th year senior so I get to register first. At least that's one little perk!

Once I get these classes done, nursing school is 5 semesters which is 2 1/2 years and I would be off during the summer. I can't wait to just get started..............

No comments: