Thursday, June 30, 2011

Phase II

As Ally(my friend) and I were running past the pool at the gym, she said she was going to bring her kids back this afternoon to swim. She started talking about how much she hated going up there because its so busy and everyone wants to borrow her kids toys. So, I asked if she wanted to bring the kids over to our house and she said yes. We were so excited. Both of us were going through the same things and really needed some girl time.
She has a boy who will be in Kindergarten with Austin next year at Bailey Station and a girl who will be in the four year old class at CUMC. Austin and Joey are buds and Kaleb does a wonderful job taking care of Kendall(the girl). After she said yes, I started wondering if 2 of our other mutual friends could come. I sent them a text and one of them said yes. The other was going out of town so she had a good excuse.

The kids and I went to the farmers market then headed to Walmart because I haven't been grocery shopping since I got back from the beach. Yes, we've lived off macaroni for the past week! We were there about 5 minutes before I got a text from another friend.
"Are we still having lunch today"?
Crap, I forgot! I've been trying so hard not to make plans this week that I hid my planner to make sure I didn't make plans. I folded on Monday(I didn't last long)and made a lunch date for Thursday. Since my planner is hidden I didn't write it down and had nothing to rely on. Now 5 minutes into my shopping adventure I realized I had to race through the place and grab the bare necessity's.
Have I ever mentioned how I love chaos? After racing through Walmart, I headed home to unload the frozen goods. Who has time to worry about the rest of the stuff? I only arrived 5 minutes late for lunch which is really good for me. I'm never on time! After an amazing lunch, I raced back home(which I was 5 minutes latter than I wanted to be) to get the house ready for our guests.
The boys now have chores so they had to do everything and quickly. I wish I could have done it all myself but what would that have taught them? So we raced again! Emptied the dishwasher, cleaned counters, vacuumed, you name it, we did it. While I was vacuuming, our guests arrived. Wow! It's a crazy amazing day and still NO screaming.

The play date turned into three hours, a pitcher of mojitos, and fabulous girl time. What else could I have asked for?
The answer: Absolutely amazing boys. Everything I've asked them to do, they were all over it and happy to do it. No screaming, arguing, hitting, whining. Yay!!! I love my life and am so glad God gave it to me:)

No comments: