Friday, June 12, 2009

Lifetime

A new gym opened in Collierville today and it's the talk of the town. I joined back in November and have been torn ever since. I love the gym were at now but the new one is supposedly amazing. If I don't like it, I have 30 days to get my money back so at least I have some time.
It has two water slides, kids gym, rock climbing wall, and everything else you can think of. I haven't told the kids we joined because I didn't want them going into Prairie Life(our gym) and mention anything about it. Every person I know except for one has switched over to Lifetime so Prairie Life is DEAD!!!! Were paying for memberships to both until the end of July. I know it's stupid but Kaleb loves swim lessons and it's cheaper to pay two memberships than sign him up for swim lessons at Lifetime.
That's where they get you. The membership is a lot cheaper at Lifetime but the swim lessons are outrageous! Kaleb starts Kindergarten in August so he's going to take lessons until the end of July at Prairie Life then he will be done:( He'll be going to school from 9:00 to 4:00 and his swim lessons wouldn't start until 6:30. Bedtime is at 7:00 and Brian and I think it's too much for a 5 year old just starting Kindergarten. Plus, I don't want to stick him in a class because frankly, I want him. It's going to be hard for me to be away from him everyday for that long. Maybe I'm being selfish but I know they won't be this age for long.
I know it's weird for me to put this much thought into a gym membership but it's my "adult" time. I LOVE going to the gym. Not to workout of coarse, but because when I walk in, I know at least 15 people and meet someone new everyday. Being a Mom, you always forget about yourself and don't feel like you need anything. After staying at home for almost a year without a lot of adult interaction, I realized that everything doesn't ALWAYS have to be centered around the boys. I can take them to the gym and they have a blast and so do I. I might not loose a lot of weight, but hey, at least I'm there seeing smiling faces and ADULTS!!!!!

1 comment:

kristen said...

We drove by Lifetime this weekend and it was PACKED!! We've talked about joining, but honestly, if it's that packed all summer, I don't know how much fun the pool will be. Let me know what you decide.