Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's only paper

Kaleb's been in VBS this week from 9-12 and Austin LOVES every minute of it. We've colored a lot, ran our normal errands to Wal-mart and Target but he likes being the boss where ever we go. At stores we always get what I need then stay on the toy isles forever! When I have both boys, once one kid changes isles the other has to follow. Now that Austin's by himself, he can play with whatever toy as long as he wants. You can't wipe the smile off his face and it's always cheap entertainment for me. I've gotten so much done just having him. It's crazy how productive I can be.
Today was our last "alone" lunch so I decided to make it special and take him to his favorite place. Taco Bell! I even took him inside instead of getting it to go. He was ecstatic! They have two high top tables that he likes to sit at and luckily we got one. We ordered then made his drink. I put the lid on while he got the straw. He's learned how to peel the straw paper off and blow the paper so it flies in the air. Sometimes they have holes and it doesn't work but today, it did! It did loopy loops all over the dining area with everyone watching. He was laughing hysterically and had the whole place rolling including me.
The paper landed at our table so Austin picked it up and climbed in his chair. I'm constantly saying to the kids "hold over your plate". I get so tired of cleaning the floors! While eating his tacos I told him he was doing an awesome job holding over his plate. He sat his taco down, annoyingly looked at me and said "Mom, it's not a plate, this is paper"! I looked down at his "paper" and just laughed along with the five other tables sitting around us. Kids are so funny!

No comments: