Thursday, October 23, 2008

Swim lessons











So we went to the gym today as always but were running
really late. As soon as we were ready to walk out the door the boys decided they were hungry and wanted to take a snack. We packed some peanut butter crackers and cheese nips then hurried out the door. Austin's swim lessons start at 10:30. We didn't get there until 10:15 which gave him zero time to eat his food. When I came and got him out of the class he pitched the biggest fit about staying and eating. I told him he had to go to swim lessons first then could have his snack as soon as it was over. Needless to say it kept getting worse. At swim lessons he wouldn't get in the water. He laid on the ground and felt sorry for himself the entire time as you can see in the pictures. I made him stay in the pool area and watch his class while I pretended to read a magazine. Kids have the hardest lives.
Then it was Kaleb's turn for swim lessons. He's learning how to dive or should I say belly flop and started learning the side stroke. His coach is teaching them a lot of life saving techniques because everyone in the class has a pool of their own. Nice to know I have my own lifeguard at the age of 4. You should see him swim. He can keep up with his class doing the back stroke with no arms. He's got the strongest kick and awesome form. Watch out world we might have the next Micheal Phelps:)

5 comments:

ktravis said...

I think that it is wonderful that they are learning to swim.
I had a pool when I was little and lived in it.
It will keep the boys out of your hair.

kristen said...

Kaleb can swim better than I can! I need to get Chase in swim lessons. Where do you take them?

The Travis's said...

We go to Prairie Life but are going to switch to Lifetime Fitness once it opens. We only have one more week of swimming lessons this year:( They don't start back until January. I've got to figure out another activity for November and December. Any suggestions?

Shawn Amore said...

Kristen I saw the YMCA over in my area was advertising fall swimming lessons so I bet the Y in C'ville is doing the same.

kristen said...

Yeah, I should look into that for Chase. I think that he would have a blast.

Stacey, I saw that advertisement for that new Lifetime fitness and it looks awesome! I would to join there eventually!