Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Leaves Everywhere!!!!!



When the kids and I got home from school Brian was cleaning up the leaves in our yard. Needless to say the three of us had to help. Were a team and do everything together. We made a huge pile to jump in since Brian had NEVER jumped in leaves. How could you never have jumped in leaves? It still blows my mind(which doesn't take much). When I was younger Kristen, Shawn, Korey, and I would rake leaves at Nannies for a popsicle. It was a little to cold for a popsicle today but it did make me feel like a kid again. It was a lot of fun watching the kids and thinking about the old tire swing and Kerry's scary garage in the backyard(yikes). Those were days that I'm glad I experienced but would not want to have again. I love being older and the life I have now:) God has truly blessed us!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never jumped in leaves either! I should have come to your house!!

Shawn Amore said...

Nanny made us work so hard for those popsicles. I am going to call that child labor. Ha! The garage was scarey. Remember trying to swing high and miss it with our feet. And I do not remember Korey helping very much. Nanny was also letting him slack off b/c he was the baby.

The Travis's said...

With that huge tree y'all had at your house I can't believe y'all didn't jump in leaves! It's one of those things in life you must try before you die. Brian didn't like it to much because he bumped his knee. The leaves needed to be fluffed but I couldn't get him to go back in.

Anonymous said...

Well we were jumping in leaves on concrete. Maybe next time we should do it in the grass:)

kristen said...

Awwww...those are such fun memories! Yes, we spent many falls raking leaves for Nanny. Now that I have kids, I think that she was just trying to keep us busy, and out of trouble!

Glad y'all were able to re-live our fun childhood times! We don't have any trees, so there is no leaf raking at our house. But I bet that Phil has never jumped in leaves either.