Monday, June 4, 2012

What was I thinking


Today at 7 AM was my first day of Crossfit. I'm not sure if you know what that is but I suggest not trying it unless you’re in somewhat good shape. It totally kicked my butt and it was only 12 minutes. Yes, you did read that right. 12 VERY LONG MINUTES!!!


It actually lasted an hour but the other part was instructional since it was our first time. The “Coach” showed us the correct way to do squats (which I can’t do), a push up, and a pull-up on rings. It was just a 15 year old kid and me doing the training and he did everything great and I of course kept messing up on the squats. The kid is the catcher for Briarcrest so he’s used to squatting but me on the other hand, not so much. We had to keep practicing because I couldn’t do it. Oops, sorry kid!

So the object was to go as fast as you can for 12 minutes. You do a 250 meter run, 8 squats, 8 ring things, and 8 push ups then do it again as many times as you can. It’s only 12 minutes right? If you completed 5 rounds that was good but 6 is great! The “Coach” told the kid not to start off too fast or he would lose momentum. He didn’t tell me this; I guess he thought I knew better. I’ll be darned if the kid didn’t do an all out sprint when he said 3, 2, 1, GO. He was gone! I ran, but not like that. I knew I couldn’t keep that pace the entire time.

Funny enough, I kept up with him the entire time except his first sprint. Did he not listen to the “Coach” about not going all out? You have 12 minutes! The kid even had to do the push ups I had to do (no I can’t do a real push up) because he was dying! He beat me by a 200 yard run. I finished the circuit 4 times and did a 50 meter run. Not bad for someone who’s not in shape and has absolutely ZERO muscles!

Later on today is another story! I’m so sore:-( I have to go back Wednesday and I’m going to get killed again……….

Brian went to the 7 PM class and totally smoked me! I knew he would. He’s in amazing shape. He finished 5 sets and was told he didn’t have to do the “fundamental training” because he already can keep up with the regular class. That’s what I was hoping for so someone could watch the kids and we wouldn’t have to take them with us. Now he can do the 6 AM class. I can meet him at the gym with the kids in the car and he can take them back home for me to do the 7 AM class. Perfect!!!

On a side note: My name was still written on the board when Brian did his “test”. There were 14 people in his class and I smoked a lot of the women and some men. There were 5 guys and 9 girls in his class plus the kid and I in ours. I was in the top of the finishers. There were only 6 people ahead of me. Whoop whoop! One of them was Brian so he doesn’t count so I’ll say I was in the top 5:-) There’s no way I could beat him at anything fitness. I swear he’s a machine!

Tomorrow, Brian’s getting up in the morning and going to the gym to lift weights. I on the other hand am praying very hard I will be able to get on and off the toilet and be able to walk in the AM. Fingers are crossed!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://thebrands.pk/review/Hair-Building-Fiber-in-Karachi-Lahore-Islamabad

Meet and Greet Heathrow said...

Yes, please share with us what are you thinking? Heathrow Terminal 4 Parking

DaisyParker said...

Please share your thoughts with us. valet parking luton

Brooke Higgins said...

Forget that. You need to move on now. luton meet and greet parking

haz said...

hey, please visit - < https://haziqsumagi.blogspot.my/ >

Unknown said...

This is a quite hilarious. I will pray for you too.
gatwick south parking

Suzan Baker said...

Its an amazing train of thought. Thanks. It makes an amazing read.
compare airport parking prices
compare parking rates