Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Who?

I took Austin to the doctor today and they have a "sick" and a "well" side. Of coarse, we were on the sick side. Its hard to hear when your name is called because our Doctors side of the office is on the "well" side. I was reading a book while Austin was coloring and the nurse kept yelling out a name. Austin looked up and said "Mom, that's me." I put my bookmark in and told the nurse I was sorry I didn't hear her. She laughed then we went back as usual. We were put in a room on a hall we've never been on but I didn't think anything about it.

When I made the appointment the nurse told me we would have to wait along time because their extremely busy this time of year. I just figured our doctor was trying to get us into a room so I thought nothing of it. Next thing you know another doctor comes in. I didn't say anything because I figured she was helping our doctor out because she was behind(which does happen sometimes). She asked me a couple of questions then started arguing with me about when the last time I was in the office with Austin. I pulled out my planner, gave her the exact date and even showed her the receipt of my office visit. She looked at me and said "this is Carson isn't it." Um..... NO! It's not Carson.

Apparently that's the name the nurse said. I even double checked with her and I thought she said Austin too. I guess all Austin and I heard was the end of the first name. I can't believe Carson's parents didn't say anything when other people went in on her child's name.

Needless to say we had to switch halls and Austin and I couldn't quit laughing about it. The office manager had to come get us(I'm sure they thought we were idiots) which we thought was even funnier. We decided that we like our doctors side of the hall better because she has better toys and books.

No comments: