Thursday, December 3, 2009

Allergic reaction

The boys spent the night with my parents last night and when Mom brought them home, Kaleb looked terrible. He had 103 temperature, whelps on his face, and threw up his medicine. I called the ENT as soon as they opened. The nurse told me to call the pediatrician because Dr. Naidu's in surgery on Thursday and Friday's. I got an appointment for 11:00 and raced out the door.
Austin had a birthday party for Jesus so we headed to Target for a present, then off to school. Brian stayed home with Kaleb and took him to the doctor. They were there for 2 hours waiting on everything. They checked him for strep, took his blood for bacteria, and had to wait for the paperwork from the ENT to be faxed over. Everything came back normal so he was just having an allergic reaction to the medicine. She told us to cancel our appointment with the ENT because everything was clear. She didn't give him another antibiotic and told us to give him benedryl and everything would be okay once all the medicine was out of his system.

I called the ENT and cancelled the appointment as soon as I got out of school. I was really excited because that would save me $50. Right at 5:00 the pediatrician called and told me that the ENT did want to see Kaleb and she had hoped I hadn't cancelled the appointment. I called and thankfully got my appointment back.

No comments: