Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm Scared

Kaleb was sitting at lunch today and started to tear up. I asked him what was wrong and he told me he didn't want to go to Kindergarten and he is scared. I asked him why and he said "Mom, I'm growing up way too fast and need to slow down(Brian tells him that all the time). I'm not ready to go to college and move away from Dad and you".
Poor thing:( I wanted to bust out crying! It feels like that's all I'm doing right now! BUT, I had to sit down excitedly and talk to him about how much fun Kindergarten is going to be and how many new friends he's going to make. Yea, Kindergarten Boohoo Boohoo................ I also told him college was a long way away and by the time he left for college, he would be ready to go. He didn't buy it and promised he would always want to live here with Brian and I. Ha! We shall see when he becomes a teenager!

1 comment:

kristen said...

Yes,I made the mistake of telling Chase about college when we were in Knoxville back in May and how I wanted him to go there and he would not live with us anymore...big mistake. He was worried about that for the rest of the trip and still brings it up...how he doesn't want to move away and how he will always live with us. Just like Kaleb, yeah, we'll see what he says about that when he's a teenager!

Good luck with having a kindergartner!! I know that will be hard and I'm glad I'm not there yet!!