Monday, October 27, 2008

MOM

We received this from our friend Trish today and wanted to share it with everyone. I Love you Mom!!! Thanks for making me who I am today.

REAL MOTHERS

Real Mothers do not eat quiche; they do not
Have time to make it.
Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
Are probably still in the sandbox.
Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy
Ovens and happy kids.
Real Mothers know that dried play dough does
Not come out of shag carpets.
Real Mothers do not want to know what the
Vacuum just sucked up.
Real Mothers sometimes ask, 'Why me?' and get their
Answer when a little voice says, 'Because I love you best.'
Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not
Measured by height or years or grade...
It is marked by the progression of Mama, to Mom, to Mother.

The Images of Mother:

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mama can do anything!
8 YEA RS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know
Quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know
That, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She has no clue!
18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!
25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it.
35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

The beauty of a mother is not in the clothes she wears,
The figure that she carries,
Or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a mother must be seen from in her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a mother is not in a facial mole,
But true beauty is reflected in her soul.
It is the caring that she lovingly gives,
The passion that she shows,
And the beauty of a mother
With passing years only grows!

5 comments:

amorebaby.com said...

What a nice thing to send to your Mom and Brian's. The boys always seem to be having fun. They sure are hams when the camera is rolling. What great pictures. Love Aunt Vicky

The Travis's said...

Their not use to a camera being in their face 24/7. Since we started doing the blog they are all about seeing themselves on the computer. They're so computer savvy their already teaching me new things. Pathetic, I know. I'm glad to see your checking out the blog! The boys got a kick out of the e-mail you sent with the girl ridding on the bike. I swear we watched it 100 times so far. I'm sure we will watch it again in the morning.
The kids and I want to come out and make cookies this year for Christmas. This is one of my favorite Christmas memories and I want my kids to experience it. Love you! Stacey

Shawn Amore said...

I have to agree that making cookies at aunt Vickys house is one of my favorite Christmas memories as a kid also. Evan and I want to come. Evan can watch and I can cook. Lord knows I need the pratice. My dad has been missing the divinity for the past few years:)

Unknown said...

I must have done something right if my girls know they are the light of my life. You will never truly know how much you are LOVED.

Mom

amorebaby.com said...

Well, its almost that time. Will let yall know what the Cookie date is. Can't wait. It's been some years since we had little ones helping. Love you, Aunt Vicky

P.S. Remember we use our hands to mix up the cookie dough. But the boys will probably love that poart best.